Notes on playing the banjo uke (and the regular ukulele), as well as some of my favorite songs and videos, but mostly, you'll find information here on my particular obsession - the many models of banjo ukulele offered by Stromberg-Voisinet in the 1920's to 1931.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Weathering The Last Two Months...


Since I last posted, I've had two freelance contracts to finish up, a hurricane that did this to my next-door neighbor's house (another neighbor's house should be on the right, but it's now sadly in the Atlantic Ocean), a week-long blackout, a nor'easter, Halloween cancelled, Thanksgiving, a new cabaret premiere, and several job interviews. For someone without an official job, I'm a busy guy...

Because of that, I've been quiet here since September. I have a second post on William Lange & Co. ukuleles yet to finish, but until then, here's three recordings

The first is an impromptu duet of a favorite song of mine. This was played by my buddy Ben Mealer and me back in October: "If I Had You"

The second and third were made two weeks ago by Daro Behroozi, with Daro on clarinet, Brad Lail on washboard and me on uke and vocal. As a trio, we don't have a name, but we recorded seven tunes on one afternoon, and it was a great deal of fun to play with these great musicians. I hope that you enjoy it: "I'm Confessin' That I Love You" and also I Can't Give You Anything But Love.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment